Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Laid on the Rocks and Looked at the Clouds

click pic to grow 
art by akka b.

I laid on the rocks and looked at the clouds.
Of course, It only took me all day to get - to the rocks.
But if you want the truth, it only took me all month. 

I laid on the rocks and looked at the clouds. 

The clouds responded with the same drunken light that stole me from my schoolwork as a kid. I let myself be swallowed by this light...rain...as the crickets groaned, "The rain is here! The rain is here!" I was wrong... they didn't "groan" they chirped.

As-a-matter-of-fact, the rocks were the ones groaning, as I imposed on them my weight. "She's letting us hold her! She's letting us hold her!" They chirped. 

Humph. 

Again, not a groan. 

Clouds and rocks and crickets were not groaning as I gave up on my fear. [Fear of being held by what I love]


How very strange


1 comment:

  1. "Clouds and rocks and crickets were not groaning as I gave up on my fear. [Fear of being held by what I love"

    What an amazing, gorgeous line. :) And isn't that what it's all about? Giving up on our fears? Lovely. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Insert your heart here: dizzy, dancing or otherwise.