Saturday, July 11, 2009

AWAKE


AWAKE
in darkness like I shouldn't be.

AWAKE

with night blossoms

Leaky faucets

and rodents who won't lie still

AWAKE

because I like to

and I want to
and nobody makes me

~~~but secretly~~~

I aim to be reprimanded
by the prince of deepened nights


who might catch me snoozing blatantly

and write me up for
FAILURE TO BE AWAKE



"be AWAKE"

says the Prince of Deepened Knights

"I AM AWAKE, silly"
says I.


"I was only pretending ... in hopes you might stop by."

4 comments:

  1. so glad you were just pretending
    that I just might stop by...

    but wait!

    you're snoozing
    and it's only 4:00am....hmn...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder who that Prince of Deepend Knights is? Do tell us please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice try Mrs. Heaven,

    I hold my unknowns close...sometimes so close, even I don't know what (or who) they are. But I do know they ARE here, and that's about all I can say about that.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Insert your heart here: dizzy, dancing or otherwise.